Feb 28, 2011

Stoudts Pilsner

What a day and what a beer Stoudts Pilsner J Brewed by Stoudts Brewing Company located in Pennsylvania                                                                                                      http://www.stoudtsbeer.com/
As I pour into a clear glass, I couldn’t help but notice the vibrant golden beam of light shoot into the air from this happy juice. Following this pleasant color was a quickly dissipating white head that would spit wonderful smells of earthy grains, malt and a noble hop profile. After several sips you should get this sharp carbonated tingle that will hit your tongue from the light body followed by a dry citric bite from the Saaz Hops.
This beverage was perfect for the sunny almost 70 degree weather day. One that will be added to the fridge more often and offered to all guests that looks like someone just shitted all over their parade. Classing this one under the “up lifter category”, packaging doesn’t look like much. Hell, from the first impression you might even think WTF? Thanks dude, here I’m a guest in your home, sharing a sad story and the support I get is a beer that looks like it’s going to be a skunky disappointment. Why don’t you kick me in the balls and get it over with! Until that vibrant pour I have a feeling that this beer will be over looked, not considered or disregarded as… yay-beer (low pathetic voice). I’m here to say that it’s actually decent and comes with a thirst quenching hand shake. (<- hand shake?) I would definitely recommend this and if unable to find at your local market then don’t look so glum. Still wanting to test my theory but I would say that “Stoudts Pilsner” does have a very similar profile to the “Noble Pilsner” by Sam Adams so this could be a Plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment